Friday 28 March 2014

Docrafts Creativity March Issue

The spring is in the air, and even Creativity magazine has had a spring clean. The creative editor and team have designed a new look magazine, with lots of brand new features and workshops as well as lots of projects. Long gone are the days when docrafts Creativity magazine was considered to be a less challenging magazine, especially in the papercrafting circles which favoured mixed media projects, altered art and ideas of the Stampington school.



Nowadays docrafts Creativity can easily compete with the other crafts magazines. The editor Tina Piper said in her editorial that she was tremendously proud of the new look Creativity magazine, and so she should.
I love the Gorjuss range of designs from Santoro, and was delighted to discover several projects with this ethereal magical range, including a wonderful project which features on the cover - an altered art box called The Fox.



What I love about the magazine is that it always comes with lovely freebies. March issue didn't disappoint. There was a pack of quality Gorjuss satin ribbons in its unmistakable unique colours.
There was an A6 Decoupage pack from Bellissima range, with sweet tags and papers in pastel colours.



Plus a CD with a collection of digital papers, characters and embellishments for all fans of Forever Friends range.
This issue would appeal to crafters of all levels. There are features like Back to classroom which give tutorials for beginners to advanced crafters. This issue gives advice on the heat embossing.
My own crafting has gone a bit rusty, so I enjoyed reading the mini-tutorial on how to make ribbon roses, and even made one for my own card.
I loved the vintage look of the House of Curiosities created by talented Trish Latimer, smiled at the cute Bunny Puppet designed by Jen Wyatt, admired Becky Dryer's magical Gorjuss projects.
Having read the magazine, I was inspired to make my own card.

My Gorjuss card


I used one of the papers from the Bellissima pack, as well as Gorjuss ribbons. I have a few Gorjuss stamps, and this cute girl with a paper chain is one of my favourites. I used watercolours and crayons to colour in the stamped image (and yes, I have added a nose and a mouth to make the girl happy). The ribbons and the cut out image are attached to the card with the double-sided sticky tape. Plus the words on the ribbon were written with Pebeo Pearl Touch.
A new April issue of docrafts Creativity should be already out, but if you missed March issue, you can still buy it online (for example, The Glitter Pot) or in the Docrafts stockists (I know our local crafts shop usually sells a few different issues, which is always handy). Of course, you can always subscribe and never miss an issue.

For more information and inspiration, check out DoCrafts.

Disclosure: I received March issue of Creativity magazine for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment